Want to find out what you need to do when suffering from tooth pain? Sometimes, the pain can be minimal; other times, it can be excruciating. With today’s dental advances, there is no reason for you to be in pain. Many dental offices offer emergency dental services for those cannot wait to see a dentist during regular business hours. Today’s dentists care a lot about their patients and do everything in their power to offer the high-quality dental services they deserve.
Five common causes of intense tooth pain
The following are five common causes of intense tooth pain. Other causes include bruxism, gum disease and toothaches.
- A loose dental filling: when a dental filling becomes loose, it leaves the inner tooth structure exposed, causing pain
- Worn tooth enamel: over time, the enamel on our teeth wears away, leaving them much more sensitive to both hot and cold temperatures
- A cracked tooth: when a tooth is damaged, it jeopardizes the integrity of the tooth and can lead to exposed dentine, which can cause extreme sensitivity; the closer the damage is to the center of the tooth, the worse the pain will be
- A cavity: when tooth decay is present and causes a cavity, pain will likely be experienced due to the dentine being affected
- A dental abscess: when a tooth is abscessed, there is a serious infection somewhere in the tooth or surrounding gum line; the infection can continue to spread to the jawbone unless immediate treatment is sought, which can lead to a number of additional oral health problems
Need pain relief?
If you are currently experiencing any type of tooth pain, then making an appointment to a dentist is highly recommended. Many people tend to think that when tooth or mouth pain is minimal, the pain will go away on its own and is therefore not a big deal. But when pain is present, it means that there is something wrong. It is a signal telling us to look into its cause because something needs to be fixed or treated.
Even if your pain has subsided, we still invite you to make an appointment with one of our experienced dentists. They can perform a simple mouth evaluation to determine whether you need any type of dental treatment.
Request an appointment in our Bloomfield dentist office here: https://creatingsmiles.dental.
If you habitually grind your teeth while sleeping, wearing a night guard each night is a great way to protect them. These devices reduce the stress put on teeth when grinding, and this leads to …
Teeth whitening has become a very popular practice in modern society. The teeth are one of the most frequently seen parts of the body. Discolored or stained teeth can be very unattractive and can make …
If you are reading this, it is likely that you will have to get one of your teeth removed in the near future. With the right information, you do not have to go through a …
A typical day in the average American household includes many things: soccer games, determining what to cook (or pick up) for lunch or dinner, carpools, dance lessons, after-school events, school board conferences and the list …